Seven Eco-Friendly Beauty Products to Try


The Benefit of Eco-Friendly Beauty Products

Purchasing and using eco-friendly beauty projects offers significant benefits. The most obvious is the benefit to our environment. The Environmental Working Group 2004 Survey states “women use 12 personal care products containing 168 different ingredients every day.” Companies with eco-friendly products boast how they reduce their carbon footprint, help clean our air and keep our land livable.

These companies’ products are delivered with little or no packaging, saving on the cost of packaging and on the harmful properties of plastic to the environment. When you purchase eco-friendly products, you can find comfort in knowing they were not tested on animals or manufactured using animal byproducts. These beauty products are chemical free, keeping your skin healthier and the earth free from toxins. Nearly 89% of the ingredients in personal care products have never been tested for safety. Wendy Rodewald, beauty expert, states that “natural products do work as good as the traditional formulas.”

Seven Eco-Friendly Beauty Products to Try

Many companies are rolling out eco-friendly beauty product lines. With such an array of brand names, it can be hard to sift through them to discover their quality and eco-friendly benefits. Start creating your own eco-friendly beauty regimen with the seven products below.

1.  LUSH Squeaky Green Shampoo Bar – Each shampoo bar lasts as long as three medium-sized shampoo bottles. LUSH uses all-natural ingredients in its handmade products. These bars have no packaging or preservatives. The company promotes eco-friendly efforts and donates to charities dedicated to embracing environmental initiatives. Purchase a 1.9 oz. bar for $11.95.

2.   Lafes Natural Deodorant Spray – Lafes uses all natural ingredients in its deodorant including purified water, organic aloevera and mineral salts. This product is fragrance-free, hypoallergenic and ozone friendly. It will not stain your clothing and the company does not test on animals. One percent of Lafes’ profits are donated to breast cancer awareness and prevention. Purchase an 8 oz. bottle for $5.99.

3.  Pure and Gentle’s Glycerin Facial Bar Soap – This facial bar uses all natural ingredients including olive oil, vitamin E and healing Arnica oil. This hypo-allergenic formula is both dye free and phosphate free. The eco-friendly packaging reduces the company’s impact on the environment by 50 percent. Purchase a bar for only $2.00.

4.  Vapor Organic Beauty Siren Lipstick – This lipstick is comprised of 70 percent organic ingredients with the remaining 30 percent consisting of natural vitamins and mineral pigments. This chemical-free formula is not tested on animals. Vapour uses recyclable packaging and supports organic farming. Its products are manufactured using wind and solar power. Purchase your perfect shade for $22.00.

5.  Urban Decay Good Karma Makeup Brushes – These makeup applicators are cruelty free. They are not tested on animals and are made from recycled materials instead of actual hair. Your brushes are delivered in a box that is made from recycled egg cartons. Purchase an array of brushes from $16 to $26.

6.  Josie Maran Argan Magic Marker Liquid Eyeliner – This eyeliner is fragrance free and made out of all natural and organic ingredients. It is also paraben or preservative free to help keep your skin free from harmful chemicals. This eyeliner is not tested on animals; it is a cruelty-free product that is completely recyclable. Purchase the eyeliner for $22.00.

7.  Tropical Seas Eco-Friendly Sprayable SPF 30+ – Protect the earth’s waters with this sunscreen that is biodegradable in oceans, lakes and rivers. It is non-toxic to sea life and will not contaminate or kill your baits. Tropical Seas uses renewable and sustainable resources in the manufacture of its products. These products do not use any animal byproducts and are never tested on animals. Purchase a bottle for $10.00.

The list above notes just a few of the many eco-friendly beauty products on the market. Eco-friendly products are good for your health and well-being, as well as the well-being of our environment and animal friends. To see some of the best product rates by category and brand check out this make-up guide. Enjoy your eco-friendly products with the knowledge that your purchase is helping to sustain and improve our world.

Additional Resources

Shopping Resources




  • Coco Eco, by Appeal Softwear, available for free on iTunes
  • Beautified, by Beautified, LLC, available for free on iTunes
Print Friendly, PDF & Email