What to Do If the World Crashes Around You and You Are Not Prepared
How to Find the Essentials
In any sort of end-of-world crisis, the most important initial factor is finding solutions to the following questions:
(1) Where am I getting food?
(2) Where am I getting water?
(3) Where is a safe place to live/sleep?
Determine What You Might Be Able to Barter
When the world comes to an end, so will the production of luxury goods like chocolate, alcohol, diapers, cigarettes, coffee, tampons and condoms. Other essential items like gas, guns, ammo, medications and knives will also be in high demand. If you have any of these sought-after items, you should keep them safe. You can use these items to your advantage to trade for water, food or even a place to stay. Learn about bartering basics.
Turn To Your Neighbors, Family & Friends
Depending on the situation, you may or may not be able to reach your family and friends. It is possible that the highways and airports will be shut down, eliminating your ability to travel. If this is the case, seek out the partnership of your neighbors, perhaps even the entire block or neighborhood.
You can use your valuable items to barter for the essentials with your neighbors. These are people you trust (assuming you have good neighbors). In a true end-of-world situation, it will be important to have people in your group with whom you can trust the welfare of your children. Be wise and do not underestimate the importance of a relationship, even if he or she has no tangible materials to offer you.
In the event that the government fails, the military would step in and organize a reconstruction. It’s impossible to tell what the end of a government might look like. Will people be angry? Will the military be violent? Will there be enough food and water? Will people flee to and from the borders?
We can’t answer these questions, but we can shed light on some events that may or may not follow a government collapse:
- Abolishment of private property
- Shortage of life-sustaining resources and medication
- Food rationing
- Devaluation of money
- Technology failure (Internet, cable, telecommunications, power)
- Increased death rate (due to lack of medication, proper medical care)
- Increased army presence
- New appreciation for simplistic living
Again, it is important to make clear that these events are all speculation. It is impossible to know what may or may not happen if and/or when the government fails. To properly prepare for government failure or an end-of- world scenario you might consider:
- Learning how to cook over an open fire
- Prepping a first aid kit
- Building a shelter
- Learning how to sanitize water
- Stocking up on food with a long shelf life
- Making a homemade emergency respirator air filter mask
Whether you are prepared like our forefathers, to hunt, fish, make fire and the like, or not, and find yourself categorized as a modern day untrained dandy with no survival skills at all,, these extreme situations will force you into survival mode, as well as everyone else. One of the most important elements in successfully surviving end-time events is fellowship. It is human nature to band together, so feel at peace knowing that, in the event of government failure or an end-of-life situation, you are not alone. There is help and survival success in community.
- 20 Things You Will need to Survive When the Economy Collapses, by Stevequayle.com
- How to Survive a Stock Market Crash, by secretsofsurvival.com
- Stock-Market Crash of 2016, by Paul B. Farrell
- Preparing for Power Blackouts, by M.D. Creekmore
- Be Prepared: Secure your Home Today, by thesurvivalistblog.net
- 10 Reasons to Prepare for an Economic Collapse, by backdoorsurvival.com
- Is It too Late to Start Preparing for Economic Collapse, by theprepperjournal.com
- Economists Caution: Prepare for Massive Wealth Destruction, by newsmax.com
- Prepare for an Economic Collapse, by offgridsurvival.com
- Economic Collapse, by CommentaryUSA
- How to Prepare for Economic Collapse, by news2morrow
- How I’m Preparing for Economic Collapse, by Wranglerstar
- How to Prepare for Economic Collapse, by Aaron Goldsten
- Jim Rogers-Global Food Prices to Rise, by ELITE NOW AGENDA
- Global Education, Disaster Preparedness, by globaleducation.edu.au
- Teaching Students How to Make Global Impact, by edutopia.org
- The Modern Survival Manual, by Fernando “Ferfal” Aguirre
- The Prepper’s Blueprint, by Tess Pennington
- The Coming Collapse of the Dollar and How to Profit from it, by James Turk and John Rubino
- Global Currency Reset, by Dominick Giammarino, available on iTunes for free
- Westpac Global Currency Card, by Westpac Banking Corporation, available on iTunes for free