Find Love on the Web Successfully with these Dating Sites
Web Based Dating Sites
One third of marriages in the United States begin online. Online dating is a billion dollar industry, connecting couples around the world on similar interests and needs.
If you want to give online dating a try it is important to understand how web based dating works and to find the right website for you.
Finding Love On the Web
The first step to successfully dating online is to find the right website to use to connect to potential matches. There are a huge variety of different websites on the Internet, some of which require a paid membership and others which allow you to join and connect with others for free.
There are also both general dating websites that anyone can use as well as sites that specifically try to connect people with shared interests, such as religious affiliation, race or cultural background. You should consider whether you want to use a more general site to perhaps connect with a wider audience (you can still sort by specific qualifying characteristics you are looking for) or whether you want to use a targeted site that will connect you to people who specifically share your outlook on important issues.
Some of the different websites you can consider using when you are interested in web based dating include:
- Yahoo Personals
- Plenty of Fish
- JDate (Jewish online dating)
- ChristianMingle.com (Christian online dating)
- ChristianCafe.com (Christian online dating)
- Sugardaddie.com (For those looking for a relationship where one person is spoiled and given lavish gifts)
- OurTime (For those over the age of 50)
These are just a few of the many online dating websites that exist on the Internet. There are literally hundreds of different online dating sites that you can use if you are interested in web based dating.
Tips for Successful Web Based Dating
Once you have found a website you are interested in using, you can then write your profile and begin your search for the perfect partner.
You can generally choose search parameters for specific things, including, age, body type, geographic location and interests. You should be sure not to make your parameters too narrow as you might miss out on meeting someone great.
As you conduct your search, think about what the absolute must-haves are and about which characteristics might be nice, but that are not deal breakers. Then, start your search more broadly and narrow your focus if you do not get the results you are looking for.
You need to be honest in your own profile and with your own information as there is no use in meeting someone under false pretenses if you want a successful relationship. You should strongly consider providing a picture as profiles with pictures get the most responses. Your profile should be positive and appealing. You want your profile to be different from all of the others, so that you stand out from the crowd.
- Dating Do’s and Don’ts, by Perfectmatch.com
- 100 Best Dating Sites, by 100bestdatingsites.com
- Book of Matches Free Dating Site, by Bonny Albo at About.com
- The 5 Best Dating Sites for 2013, by 5 Star Ratings by Consumer-rankings.com
- Safety Tips to Follow, by Match.com
- Precautions of Online Dating, by Eleanor McKenzie at ehow.com
- The History of Online Dating, by Brainz.org
- How to Write a Personal Profile, by Nancy Travers at Ezinearticles.com
- Tips for Safe Online Dating, by John M. Grohol Psy.D. at Psychcentral.com
- Free Video Dating Online, by Vdateonline.com
- How Dating Web Sites Work, by Videojug.com
- EHarmony is More than Online Dating Web Site, by Mattiba775
- Tips for Online Dating, by Howdini, YouTube
- Online Dating Web Sites, by ehow.com
- How to Meet People Online for Free, by Donna Barnes at ehow.com
- Everything You Need to Know about Online Dating, by Jay Jordan at Amazon.com – Kindle Ed.
- How to Meet your Match Online, by Laura Henderson at Amazon.com – Kindle Ed.
- Online Dating for Dummies, by Judith Silverstein and Michael Lasky at Amazon.com – Kindle Ed
- 99 Things Women Wished they Knew Before the Age of 40, 50 and 60, by Amy Sherman and Rosalind Sedacca at Amazon.com
- Romancing the Web, by Diane M. Berry at Amazon.com, available in paperback
- Internet Dating, by Roman Griffen at Amazon.com, available in paperback
- Dating DNA Free, by Dating DNA Inc. available on iTunes for free
- Dating App for iPhone and iPod, by PRweb.com
- Dating Site, by OkCupid.com, available on iTunes for free
- Match.com L.L.C, by Apple.com, available on iTunes for free
- POF, by PlentyOfFish on iTunes forfree
- Online Dating on the Go, by Saba Hamedy at CSmonitor.com
- Go Winging, Worlds First Double Dating App, by PRnewswire.com