When You Dream in Color What Do the Colors Mean Spiritually?
The Meaning of Colorful Dreams
Only 25 percent of dreamers actually recall seeing colors in their dreams, and those who cannot recall their dreams at all assume they are colorless.
When you dream in color, you are interpreting aspects of your life. Robert Hoss, published author and researcher, uses the following buzzwords to explain what colors mean in your dreams:
- Red: sexy, fun, inflammation, intense
- Yellow: solutions, hope, change, relief
- Orange: restlessness, freedom
- Green: control, routine, change, money, security, health
- Blue: calm, peaceful, quiet, content, restful, belonging
- Violet: unity, erotic, intuitive
- Brown: illness, concern, truth, comfort, longing
- Gray: neutrality, anxiousness
- Black: new, threatened, unconscious, death
- White: new, aware, accepting, unprepared, isolated
Biblical Color Meanings in Dreams
Christians and Jews believe that dreams are an avenue of communication for God, and that dreaming in color is a way for God to reach out and share a message with you.
Three primary colors come from nature and the earth that God created for mankind: red, yellow and blue. The remaining colors in the rainbow can be created using a mix of these three primary colors.
In Christianity, red represents the color of blood.
Yellow is associated with fire, which is related to the purification process. In 1 Peter 1:7, God references purification, “That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perish, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honor and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ.”
The third primary color, blue, represents the healing power of God.
Hoss uses the following buzzwords when explaining the biblical meaning of colors in your dreams:
- Red: wisdom, war, anger, blood
- Blue: revelation, health
- Green: prosperity, growth, pride, envy
- Brown: compassionate, compromising
- Gold: purity, holiness, defilement
- Purple: royalty, authority
- Orange: perseverance
- Yellow: purity
- Pink: love
- White: righteousness, holiness
- Black: sin, darkness, mystery, death
Assigning Meaning to Your Dream
Interpreting the exact meaning of your dreams is difficult, regardless of whether a color is involved, because they are very much intertwined with the happenings of your day and your thoughts. You may not even realize that you have these thoughts, making it nearly impossible to pinpoint the exact purpose or message of a dream.
However, professionals do believe that you can find consistencies within your dreams and that journaling when you remember a dream can help find these consistencies and, ultimately, assign value and meaning to your dreams. Journaling allows for hindsight, so you can begin to associate periods of your life and parts of your day with the memories of your dream.
Your dreams are a profound result of the power of your brain that can be harnessed to better understand aspects of your life.
- Biblical Meaning of Colors, by color-meanings.com
- Colors in Dreams, by propheticdreamers.com
- Colors, by dreambible.com
- Colors Meditation, Aura and Healing Levels, by wisdomsdoor.com
- The Spiritual Meaning of Colors, by wakingtimes.com
- Colors, by openbible.info
- Symbolism of Colors, by itsaboutworship.com
- Gold Associated With Kings and Kingdoms, by dentonpbc.org
- Colors in the Bible and Their Meaning, by biblebasics.co.uk
- The Bible’s Scarlet, by drmikebagwell.org
- With the Four Horsemen, What Did the Color of the Horse Mean, by thisisyourbible.com
- Dreamipedia: Clothing and Colors, by Streams Ministries
- Meaning of Colors in DreamS, by culture4christ
- Colors in Dreams, by John Paul Jackson
- The Meaning of Colors in Dreams, by Purna
- Sri Chinmoy: Spiritual Meaning of Colors, by kedarvideo
- Color Symbolism, by signology.org
- Aisling: Dream Interpretation, by dream-analysis.com
- Working With Color in Dreams, by Bob Hoss, M.S.
- The Significance of Color in Dreams, by Robert Hoss, M.S.
- Do You Dream in Color, by Laurie Rubin
- Color – Messages & Meanings, by Leatrice Eiseman
- Color and Meaning, by John Gage
- Dreaming in Color, by Justin Byrne, available on iTunes for a fee